Friday 25 May 2018

Day 1744

Day 1744;

For today my BMI was 19.59, I had made 29,672 steps which was apparently 19.21 km and I apparently had burned off 2341 kcal.

Breakfast: cereal, banana, apple, pear and orange.
Lunch: baked beans on toast with mini sausages, pork pie, chocolate chip shortbread and fruit cake.
Dinner: scampi, peas, chips and a little pot of mousse.
Drinks: milk, fruit squash, fruit juice, water and hot chocolate.

Today was a day which had me doing a minimal amount of steps for the start, I was unsure about what I was supposed to do today, as I was unsure of what Mich had planned for us to do. As I had heard that he was talking about us having a ride on the tandem, but I wasn’t sure of weither it would happen, due to the weather not being “good” enough for Mich, this morning.

So I did another 90 minute jog on the treadmill followed by another 30 minute row, on the machine. Now that 2 hour morning workout put me on track to my successful acquisition of the 1000 minutes of intense workouts, which I managed to get to later on today, when I was on the tandem, with Mich. While I was on the tandem today I was going all out, for the majority of the ride, which was interesting as Mich got quite annoyed by me going at speed at least at one point, as he had unclipped himself from his peddles (I tell him not to bother with unclipping but he says he doesn’t trust me). If you were like me and confused by that remark as where does trust come in to it, as put simply the only reason that I can ride the tandem is because of Mich, so if anything untoward was to happen to Mich while we were out on the tandem would jeopardise that then it’s one of the things that I enjoy the most in this world potentially gone, plus we managed to travel at an average speed of 14 mph or 22.6 km/h on our 1 hour 45 minutes and something like 59 seconds ride today.

But wasn’t Chris Froome just awesome today on the Giro, as he quite literally blew away his competition in Tom Dumoulin raking out a 40 second lead in the Giro which came from +2 minutes back on Tom, as Tom was in second place, as for Simon Yates, he was taken from first place right the way out of the top 10 in General Classification, as he had an exceptionally poor ride today, from his own high standards, by loosing something like 30 minutes in this stage. I wonder if Froome can continue his form from today into the rest of the race and complete his win of his third of cyclings GT's in succession, as last year he won the Tour de France and the Vuelta de Espana. So he just needs the Giro to make it a full set, of cyclings Grand Tour’s, and thanks to the ride that he put out today who would be betting against him?

No comments:

Post a Comment