Tuesday 13 September 2016

Day 1174

Day 1174;

Now today I had athletics, just on the off chance that I was going to practise any long jump I decided to check online how to long jump, the best advice I got was from a picture.

Breakfast: cereal, purple grapes, banana and apple.
Lunch: spaghetti hoops on toast with some mini sausages and a chocolate eclair.
Dinner: Chinese chicken, chips and sweet n' sour sauce.
Drinks: 3 300ml mugs of milk and 3 300ml mugs of fruit juice.
Snacks: 1 slice of battenburg and 1 percy pig.

The greatest advice on how to long jump I got from this picture:

Now I usually get up to the third position minus the arms which could be why I tend to fall flat on my face on landing.

So I attempted getting  a bit extra leg lift on my take off while I was in the garden of my home and I managed to get to position number 4 but position number 5 and even number 6 my brain and body aren't working quick enough together to accomplish, yet, but I still have 4 more years to get better at.

The second most helpful advice I got was from this guy on YouTube, who paid great attention to the penultimate step, and do not lower your hips and run with flat feet the whole way down the run way.

Which I am going to attempt next time I long jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment