Monday 12 September 2016

Day 1173

Day 1173;

So this morning I was remembering about what my aunt Flow was telling me yesterday, it was that I needed to pull my finger out in my athletics training as she was telling me that she wanted to go to Tokyo and she wanted to use me as an excuse to go.

Breakfast: cereal, purple grapes, green grapes, banana and apple.
Lunch: hotdog, tomato ketchup and a chocolate eclair.
Dinner: chicken, carrots, new potatoes and am out of date strawberry cream slice thing.
Drinks: 2 300ml mugs of milk and 2 300ml mugs of fruit juice.

There was going to be an actual point to today's post, but I forgot it then I heard an Ice cream van playing the following tune:

and I remembered that I was going to inform you something but I can't remember what it was but I know that it was about an irritating tune and it being from a hymn (or alternative religious song) as I was remembering singing it and replacing some of the words as I was singing along, I use the term sing loosely as I wouldn't call it singing more of talking rhythmically, my voice was high enough to pass off as singing as it was; possibly similarly to Justin Beaver. From his early year, anyway it was painful having to sit there "singing" lyrics so I'd change them, while the rest of the class/choir were singing along with the correct lines.

Ok I've remembered one of the tunes that I'd butcher but the lyrics I'd use instead I can't... yet...

But the one line that I can remember changing probably was the line "Hosanna in excelsis" which I would always say Joanna in excelsis, partially as I didn't know what the words meant and partially as I thought that they were both names like Joanna in Tesco.

But now back on the topic of attempting to get into the Tokyo Paralympics, I am going to have to find a different sport as I'm not a fast sprinter nor am I fit enough for the longer distances, so there goes all for the track. Rowing I haven't even managed to get 1km in under 5 minutes on one of the gyms rowing machines yet as of swimming I'm not a very good one I prefer to walk on the bottom of the swimming pool, equestrian which in my opinion shouldn't be in the Paralympics it's like playing wheelchair basketball with an electric wheel chair. All of the wheelchair sports, I don't have enough upper body strength for, Boccia is a possibility if I was actually half decent at it;which I am not.

Maybe I could find a field event?

Long, Triple and High jump, my best of the field events that I have tried recently is probably long jump but my all time best isn't even a mark on team GB's best for my classification and he's not as old as myself so he's got more going for him. Triple jump I'm thinking I may have had a go at, a long long time ago. Finally the high jump well I think I have had a shot at that before I even think I have been put down for it one schools sports day but that was many years ago I bet I'd be even worse now than I was back then and that wasn't very good from what I can remember.

Shot put, Javelin and Club
As I mentioned ear;lier for a different discipline I lack upper body strength.

In the long jump watch out for Ryan Raghoo he's really good and he's the same classification as me. He should be competing in the Paralympics, this time around also.

No comments:

Post a Comment