Saturday 13 February 2016

Day 961

Day 961;

Today I can't remember If I had done my 30 this morning so I did 30, and then some tonight just to be sure that I had filled my daily allocation.

Today my breakfast returned to it's usual, it lost the apple of yesterday. Then for lunch I ate a cheese toasty and for dinner I ate some scampi, chips and peas.

I have been thinking about the latest instalment in the Star Wars film franchise, as I have been attempting to uncover why it left me feeling decidedly dead inside. For this post I have only a few reasons as of why it was such a let down, in my opinion, and my first is that I was expecting a masterpiece and it just wasn't. It wasn't a masterpiece by any stretch of my imagination, it was just a remade version of 'A New Hope' but on steroids; to progress the story quicker for the impatient modern-day audience, which is why you keep the story line interesting Disney not just recycle stuff that worked for the franchise before.

As Rey already knows how to use the force before it starts but she doesn't use it, as she's forgotten or something. Just as she has forgotten her parents. Which is one of the points that could be explained by the little speculation that Rey is in fact Luke Skywalker's daughter of which I have no problem with except maybe Ben Solo's reaction to her holding Anakin's Lightsaber towards the end of the film. As he didn't state anything toward her other than that it's his give it to him there was a distinct lack of almost sibling rivalry and familiarity of which there would be if both of them are cousins. I typed almost sibling rivalry as the two of them must have been close like brother and sister at one time if that was the case as Ben was sent off to be trained by Luke when he was corrupted by the influence of the dark-side of the force before his training was complete just as his grandfather before him. But the two of them would have each had different masters, like Luke's Ben's teacher and Rey's Mother could have been Rey's, which would have only been if the New Jedi didn't scrap the rule of having one master to every student, accept in the case of Yoda who could have as many younglings as the Jedi council wanted him to have.

Then I also played a bit more on Triforce Heroes but it was to no avail, I have still got the final 2 levels to complete in the Sky Realm. As for Splatoon I have completed all 27 of the levels of the single player campaign, now it's just for me to defeat the 5th and final boss in a battle and I will return the great Zapfish to Inkopolis. If I do it in the next few days I will have completed it before the next Splatfest, which is between the original Pokemon games, Red or Blue, I have already voted for Callie's Team/Red, I think it's strange how all bar 1, I think, so far I have voted the same way as Callie; I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment