Friday 26 December 2014

Day 539

Day 539';

So today was the day that I have numbered as above but it was also Christmas today, Christmas was a Christian tradition which has been adopted  by the western world and it has got a lot more secular/better due to that fact,  but obviously the majority of traditions that we have to do with it do no originate from the Roman Catholic Church, the first branch of Christianity to celebrate it.

And we should all know why that was.

No why?

The Catholics had many festivals along with the many gods that they worshiped so one of the ways that they got people to go to convert to Christianity was by inventing celebrations around some of the myths of the bible which were also existing within the pagan norm, like the festive celebrations of Christmas almost all parts of it have something to do with the time honoured pagans, like the evergreen trees, a they were a symbol of fertility and some pagans would chop one down in the winter time to decorate and put it on display.

But that's enough on the pagan origins, so today I was having a good day, up until lunch that was, as Tini had made a spectacular feast for us all to enjoy; and I ruined it. For two of us at least if not all of the people that were there, the two people that I definitely ruined it for was Tini and myself, as I swallowed two pieces of melon whole, and the apparently damaged my oesophagus, which caused me to convulse, vomiting phlegm up.

So much so I went to the hospital's A & E who just said basically it should pass with time, which it did, and Mich did say to Tini in the hospital while we were waiting to see a doctor, "you were saying that you wanted something interesting to happen on Christmas day, but probably not this interesting" or words to that effect. All of the food that I have eaten today consist of breakfast cereal, fruit, then approximately one pice of ,melon as one of the pieces came back out of my mouth with the phlegm, but I eventually got to eat a load of mini hotdogs later on tonight.

As you could have indubitably  guessed by the above story I didn't get to play any Zelda games today,  the closest I got to playing on any Zelda game was in Mario Kart 8 as that was one of my gifts and you can buy an expansion pack to which allows you to race as Link, and you've also got a whole new grand prix which is set in Hyrule, of which I haven't got, at least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment