Thursday 19 September 2013

Day 75

Day 75;

It was the day that reached three quarters (3/4) of the way to 100 days.

My headache has been bad today but I have been able to control myself better today, which meant nobody noticed so they could all just continued complaining about the person that had annoyed them over the top of me who was sitting in the same room as my headache.

But It might not have got so bad if I had drunk more over the course of today, as I went to the gym also today, and that gets me worn out and thirsty *one big splash of drink down my throat and I feel better, not perfect but better* but now I shall share with you good(?) people some of the videos that I have been watching today.


First up is Rocking and Fucking Rolling – tenacious D but I am unsure if I should censor the name because some people think that the words that literally means ‘having sexual intercourse’ is a bad word.


Next up I have a clip from American Idol the one when Mr Jack Black makes his way onto the stage and he actually does a pretty good rendition of Seals song ‘A Kiss From a Rose’ apart from he mucks up on the wording of the song but I thought that it was sung well, so what I’d like to say about the clip would be that it was staged, scripted and it was rehearsed prior to that appearance.



Now the final youtube video that I am going to put n this website for this post at least has got to be the school of rock’s Battle of the Bands concert from the film of the same name; with the films name being ‘The School of Rock, which came out 10 years ago; oh how young and even more naive I was.

Ok now I’m in a bit of a bother, but no worries it’s a slight bit of mental bother, it’s about a word, the word is nigga. It’s one of those words that you’ve never really used partially as you think it’s a bad word (you think it may offend) and the other part is that I don’t understand the correct context for it to be used in.

Now the reason why I have brought this topic up is because it has been posted to describe a gif that I have recently seen. Click here to view.

So I decided to search the internet, for that word. The general consensus of meaning was that it was a word that is acceptable for people of darker skin tone to use but for a so called fairer complexion to use the word it is an almost capital offence.

Google have defined it as an:
nigger: (ethnic slur) extremely offensive name for a Black person; "only a Black can call another Black a nigga".

Which I can further deduce is from the two similarly spelt words that are nigga and the derogatory word nigger, and the fact that both of them were defined as different by the rap artist, I think, Tupac, when he said;

“NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.”

This analogy was found on a website which is called Urban dictionary.

The number 2 definition from the website is;

“A word a white person can NEVER say while a black person is present or they will be beat down. but they say it with fellow white people”

Which I think is, honestly, morally wrong, so what I would like to see happen from this day is that if you are “black” and you’re wearing a gold chain around your neck if someone, anyone black or white, comes up to you and calls you a nigga congratulate them for getting the correct terminology, but then if anyone, black or white, comes up to you and calls you a nigga when your not wearing a gold chain around your neck I would first like for you to explain the error of their ways to them, and then you could get your posse (group of friends) together and beat them onto the dust if you so pleased. That is my instructions for anyone and everyone black or white, which could change the world or at least it could change the enthuses of that word to the colour (I know the majority of my page views are from the USA, but this is how you spell your word color correctly) of your jewellery (necklace) instead of the colour of your skin.


I am sorry for any offence occurred breaking news you’ll live, for now at least, but on the plus side you’ll die within the knowledge of how to spell the word colour correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment