Sunday 14 May 2017

Day 1407

Day 1407;


I got 21.29 which is a decrease of 0.07 on yesterday's result, today I have done an about 50 mile cycle, and my back was feeling slightly damp as I started but it dried off as I cycled.


Breakfast: cereal, banana and apple.
Lunch: 1 cheese and 1 jam sandwich (white bread) and a mint flavoured chocolate ice cream.
Dinner: lamb, peas, carrots, pears, roast potatoes, tiramisu and chocolate trifle.
Drinks: 2 300ml mugs of milk, 2 300ml mugs of fruit juice and 1 100ml mug of pear juice.

So today was the day of a big cycle for Mich and I. It wasn't the full 100 miles, so I started the day off with 50 of my little PSCS routine, before I went to bed to make it up to 450 out of 900 as a starting point, to work on later.

Then I got up later than initially planned as it was raining and Mich does not like cycling while it's raining, so he left me to sleep slightly longer than he had initially told me last night. But when he got me up he had me eat my breakfast then it was for me to changed into tracksuit trousers and a t-shirt (suitable bike riding apparel, for amaturs, like us, at least) I don't know what we are going to wear for the actual cycle ride, yet, I'm hoping I can wear my own clothes not some of the garb that Tini is waning me to get for it, but I prefer my own clothes they're already bought, no additional cost. Which is another reason why I hate weddings they're just done as a show of wealth, wealth that they sometimes don't have, and they're just attempting to emulate some wedding that they saw on the box. But I'm thinking that we should wait to find out the dress code for the ride from the people that we're riding for/DSUK, Disability Snowsport UK (United Kingdom). But he wants to wear a pair of ski goggles for the cycle now, as about our last outing on the tandem I stated that I think I will need my old ski goggles for a bike ride as I know that I wear specs but they don't really help in keeping all of the flies and other gunk out of my eyes while we are cycling, and today after a little, I think Mich calculated it at 50mile cycle but we stopped for lunch half way along, as it was at a small ex-railway station, now a cafe, that we shopped to eat our sandwiches at. Before departing on our way home. Which took us half an hour longer than he had told Tini earlier. I wish I could make up an excuse like we were taking in the beauty of the English countryside, but I don't see how that could have stopped us getting a move on a peddling, as don't get me wrong the English country side has it's moments, but that is it a moment I can stay in the moment as long as I can see it, it needn't interfere with my legs ability to propel myself forward. It's just like one of my oldest friends as she has always been pretty but today I saw a photograph of her whilst wearing a pair of specs, and I had my breath knocked out of me; she looked stunning. I typed something about not knowing that she ever needed specs and that they suited her. Then she told me that she had got some contact lenses when she was eleven, which is about one year after I got my spectacles. Then  I had a memory of someone asking me of why I didn't get some contacts as they have to wear them, which could have been her for all intensive purposes. But I couldn't ever get some contact lenses, as I know I think I tried to get myself a pair as I had just started roller hockey back then I didn't really see how a pair of specs could work with a full contact sport, but I learnt. My problem with my eyes is an Astigmatism it's when the actual eye ball changes shape, from round like a football/soccer ball to more a rugby ball/American football shape.

But while I was cycling today I had thoughts of how I could get more of my little collages in being crippled into cycling and I thought of 2 from Boccia, Link and Icar, as they both go to athletics on Monday's, sometimes, but probably more often than myself this year. I was thinking that if Link could get into the drivers seat of the tandem that I ride then we could have a great time or then he could get onto a tandem with his brother, but Tini stated that he probably couldn't sit on a bike seat as his spine is damaged, so I thought that he'd need a modified seating rig for it. Then I asked about Icar who can't seem to get my name correct other than that I thought he was fine, but no, he's apparently got more problems than just my name, but physically he's fit, just a bit short to go on the tandem with me, I think but I'd like it a lot to be proven wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment