Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 1025

Day 1025;

Now today I wore my roller hockey shirt for aproximatly the first time in just about 10 years, but I wore it today as I was going to watch a friend of mine play roller hockey.

Breakfast: cereal, banana and grapes.
Lunch: chicken sandwich, cocktail sausages (mini sausages), grapes and apple.
Dinner: pie (I'm thinking it was beef in red wine flavour), peas, green beans, carrots and new potatoes.
Drinks: 2 300ml mugs of milk, 1 300ml mug of orange juice, I finished off my bottle of Lucozade sport (Brazilian Guava flavoured) and I drank some of a fizzy orange juice bottle.

Now skating is just like walking only quicker.When I was a lot younger I used to enjoy skating around the block that I live on, but that was a seriously long time ago, before I had even heard of roller hockey when I must have been something like 10 years old, as I am thinking that I started playing roller hockey when I was approximately 11  or 12. As I know that I played in my first competition at the end of a season, when I was in year 6 of school:

Reception= 4-5 years
Year 1= 5-6 years
Year 2= 6-7 years
Year 3= 7-8 years
Year 4= 8-9 years
Year 5= 9-10 years
Year 6= 10-11 years
Year 7= 11-12 years
Year 8= 12-13 years
Year 9= 13-14 years
Year 10= 14-15 years
Year 11=15-16 years

By competition I don't mean league as by competition I mean a day event, per minimum, where we played multiple games in one day, at least that I went to after doing well in out leave as we finished 3rd in our league and we got to go to this preliminary competition between both of the two leagues within the region that we were in. They were for places in the nationals, which means that I started playing from an age of approximately 10 but that also means that I probably was about 10, or maybe younger, when I used to skate around the block, with those plastic wheels. As I am thinking that I moved onto rubber wheels and I skated on them indoors (in a sports hall) as not to wear them down too drastically. But before getting into roller hockey the sport, I would go to the local sports centre hall, which was the one that fell into diss repair and was used as an examinations hall because they had built a whole new place up beside of it of which I used to do my raining in also. But now where was I before I got sidetracked by the state of the old building. before that I used to of to a skating club which ran on Mondays but then as I was getting good? at skating round in circles they asked me if I wanted to play roller hockey, they explained it like Ice hockey but it was done in a hall. I accepted the offer and before long I played in a team practise was Saturdays, I started by going just to Pee-Wee age limit training... I'm starting to get the feeling that I may have already told you all this before, so I'll cut to the chase it was 3 hours of training that I'd do on Saturday, Then it was only 1 hour that I'd do on Fridays, as I changed team, Then I met Mr R14who was on the team that I moved onto, and he is friend of mine that was wearing a similar shirt to me today when I went to Boccia practise today. D and I managed to beat Mr B and Mr L, who are the two able bodied people whereas D and myself aren't 11-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment