Monday 7 October 2013

Day 93

Day 93;

It’s been a new day so let’s have me type about old stuff.

What like the bible? Later my red accompaniment, but first I have to type about stuff that happened to me in the past; before I get onto the part about religious shenanigans.

And first off I forgot to tell you yesterday that I got my new glasses or spectacles yesterday. I got 2 pairs, to help me see better I got one pair of ordinary specs to help me see in within the usual light of inside and I got a second pair which was a pair of prescription sunglasses, which Alice keeps saying that she’s got a pair of sun glasses (spectacles with tinted lenses) the same as mine, but it was a fiction of her creation, as I allowed her to try on my sunglasses she couldn’t see, they may look similar but they aren’t the same.

I like my new sunglasses as I could see my whole way home, apart from the times when I closed my eyes obviously.

But now I am about to embark on another bit of religious type so Alice/everyone that doesn’t like my sections of posts which are about religious shenanigans please close the page now.

Religious shenanigans

Today I read an article that had UK University enforces “blasphemy law” against atheists, as it’s title.


So this article first caught my eye by stating blasphemy law after having the initialisation of UK, by having me thinking does the UK have a blasphemy law? As isn’t having a blasphemy law a contravening part to the European Unions bill of human rights, as in the right to free speech? Even if it’s not mentioned within that piece of text it should be as I think it is, included in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And when I read into the article I found it absurd, as to how can a t-shirt be defined as being blasphemous, without built in speakers to preach its blasphemous message?

As bellow is a definition of what blasphemy is from the Oxford English dictionary:

{
The action or offence of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk: he was detained on charges of blasphemy
}

As if wearing a t-shirt can in any way shape or form be described as either an action or offence of speaking then you’d have a point but alas you can’t, so you have no right to even suggest that wearing an atheist t-shirt can force someone to hear your words that you aren’t even speaking, I find that absurd and insulting.

As I find this very idea insulting, even more insulting in actual fact than calling Islam THE religion of peace.

The wearing of the t-shirts could be considered ‘harassment’, how? At least if you’re using the Oxford English dictionary to get your definitions.  As harassment means in the Oxford English dictionary:

{
Subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation: if someone is being harassed at work because of their sexuality they should contact the police
            Make repeated small-scale attacks on (an enemy): the squadron’s task was to harass the retreating enemy forces
}


And how does any of that apply to the t-shirts they were t-shirts, Now how about if some other group ethier Muslim or Christian had t-shirts that had flowery Qur’an or Bible verses printed on them; would they have been asked to remove them by the organisers of this function as they offended some of the people of the alternative religions or any of the ASH that were present? I don’t know but I am guessing that they wouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment