Tuesday 2 July 2013

Female superhero films

Well isn't it about that time as we have had plenty of male super hero films released in the past like the first super her o film that I can remember watched back in the past it was on one of those big VHS tapes and it was at my friend, James's, house who lived back then across the road from the house that I live in. it was called Batman and Robin, Poison Ivy and her deadly kisses v Robin and his rubber lips and then it is a girl fight to seal her fate with Poison Ivy v Batgirl. But it was up to Batman to stop Dr Freeze plan to transform the  world into a giant snowball.
So why was i thinking about that past time now after all it must be a little greater than 3/4 of my total life time ago it probably was some thing like that as it only came out when I was 5 and I am over 21 years of age now so probably.
But unless I'm mistaken both Marvel and DC have only created one film each with female main characters since I have been alive anyway and the first in was DC that in 2004 made a Catwoman film but then soon after this film was brought out so was Marvels first and so far last female super hero film of Electra.
But I know that their has been a lot of female super hero's within Marvels films like Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) and Rescue (Pepper Potts) as two of the hero's for in iron man 3, if my information is correct. As well as all of those female characters from the X-men films as in them they have got Rouge and Jean Gray (Phoenix) to name just 2, and then there's that Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four. Now I do not think that the next Marvel female super hero story is going to be Rescue if nothing else as the majority of her back story should have been in Iron Man 3, but Black Widow looks like a prime suspect to fill in her place but then why not Jean Grey and/ or Rouge?  because  there's a new X-men film out on July 25th called the Wolverine, As Wolverine is one of the X-men. But I don't know i can only hopr that one of the two titans in comic books make the decision to make morre Female super hero's films..

No comments:

Post a Comment