Monday 28 March 2016

Day 1005

Day 1005;

Now today was the 1005th day and it was also apparently the day that was chosen to celebrate the death of a guy that I do not even believe ever existed in the first place,

Breakfast- Cereal and a box of banana and grapes.
Lunch- Turkey potato, carrots and peas,  and I had two puddings/desserts, as I ate one cheese cake and geneeious helping of trifle.
Dinner- Buffet, which included cheese, mini sausages, mini sausage rolls, mini scotch eggs, I also had some grapes and pork pie.

Today I watched the boat race, Cambridge won but Oxfords women managed to beat the women of Cambridge. But why is Oxfords boat for the reserve men called Isis while the boat for the women reserves is called Osiris? I get that they are both of the pantheon of the Egyptian Gods, but this is the part that I don't get, Osiris father of Horus and husband (as well as sibling) of Isis is a male god, so why is his name the name of the female boat? The same goes for Isis but the gener identifiers should be reversed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment