Tuesday 14 January 2014

Day 193

Day 193;

I started my day today in a quiet home, but then it was shattered by Mike, as I went down stairs for breakfast. But then the next time that he disturbed the airwaves was when he was shouting bye to Alice, who was upstairs, as he left the house.

Lunch I ate some spaghetti hoops on toast, as I was eating it Alice gave me a rendition of awful singing along to the music that she put on shuffle, as well as actually making the music humorous by doing her own little commenting on some of the lyrics to the songs. But the hoops were nice I remember that taste from when I did the practise for the D of E award; bronze, I did the cooking. As I remember that at school I was pretty dandy (decent) at cooking in the time before the “accident” but now I’m not even allowed to make my own sandwich.

But why do all of these young folk just seem to think that the hash key on the keyboard is called the “hash tag” key? I remember the days when that the hash key used to be used like asterisks to indicate the unsavoury use of language. But that was before those twits at twitter started. And just all of the twitters users are like can you please retwit this link # tag retwit now.

They are called tweets not twits Savage, and I don’t think that they put the word tag after it, but it’s probably another Americanism that has through the medium of popular culture become ingrown into the English speaking world. Darn you Americans and your unnecessary word adding onto the end of other words.

No comments:

Post a Comment