Sunday 9 March 2014

Day 247

Day 247;

Now today was day 247 or day 1 of the Winter Paralympics.

Now I didn't get to watch much but as soon as I had woken up this morning I went down stairs to watch the woman's visually impaired Downhill ski the first thing I saw as I got down stairs Jade Etherington winning her, and team GB's first medal of these Winter Paralympics, it was a silver. 

So I'd like to state my greatest congratulations I remember from an interview after one of the British athletes said that there vision was like they were looking through bubble wrap when they were going down, now I have never experienced that sensation neither while I was skiing or normally walking around but I'm guessing that my visual impairment must be a lot more mild than yours as I can gain some of my sight if I put a pair of spectacles on. With my vision it only looks to me as if I'm looking out of frosted glass. But I think that one year I had broken my spectacles on a ski trip, they had fallen down off of my head or I had jus gotten fed up with them steaming up while I was skiing so I took them off, it makes it quite a lot more difficult but it's not impossible, just as the athletes today proved.

Also on the Paralympics I saw the Team GB curlers loose out in their first match to the Canadians.

But in good news the football team that I Support won a match/

Wow really. what happened to the other team, did they not turn up?

No they turned up, and so did the team that I support for the first win of the year it's only taken them 3 months to get a win.

The score was 2-1 with all 3 of the goals coming from the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment