Saturday 15 February 2014

Day 225

Day 225; 

I ate my first Indian today, well I didn’t eat an actual Indian; neither a person from the country of India or a native of America. I meant an Indian meal, from a restaurant called the Queen Victoria, but when I state that I ate an Indian meal I actually  has scampi and chips from the Queen Victoria and a poppa Dom with a selection of the sauces, which included some chutney, sweet & sour and a third of a separate constituency as with both of the previously mentioned they were more liquid but the third had some little more solid chucks within the liquid the liquid tasted nice but then I bit into the crunchy bit and I was surprised by the explosion of tastes which ensued, my face must have been a picture if anyone else had seen it. But as soon as I had gathered my composure again I attempted t eat another one and could I please state for the record I discovered a new thing that I actually liked the taste of.

The service there was interesting to say the least, As I apparently got picked on a bit by one of the staff who asked for my name so the people that I was with answered “Tom” and then the member of staff immediately stated in response “Cruise” I laughed but then the people that I was with came to my responding with statements like he’s not that shot.

But that’s not really what I would expect from an Indian restaurant as what I’d expect would be for them to call me “Jones” and then he could have stated “It’s not unusual”. But I realise that he might be too young for that song.

Now I’d like to put this message of congratulations to Elizabeth {Lizzy} Yarnold, for beating everyone else in woman’s Skeleton and getting the gold medal only the 10 gold that any British athlete has ever acquired within a Winter Olympic. But I’d just like to tell you that after I changed the channel from the curling to the skeleton and one of my reasons for doing that was that GB where playing uselessly the first 5 ends as they where 4-1 behind, but then I change channel as I thought that there was no possible plan of action but team GB Men won  their game, which puts team GB injoint first.

No comments:

Post a Comment