Sunday 5 May 2013

Shall I compare you to?

Should I compare you to a summers day or a kiss from a rose?

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? (Sonnet 18) by William Shakespeare

Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey (Kiss from a Rose) by Seal

Both of them go into more detail about what they mean at later times in their work. but I'm tempted to make a separate post or two up after this one as I'm just going to comment on the first two lines in each for now but this stuff is fun.

William Shakespeare: Sonnet 18
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? 
Thou art more lovely and more temperate. 

I'm guessing as within William Shakespeare's eighteenth Sonnet I would be thinking what am I too hot, sweaty and uncomfortable as that is what I link the term summers day with, but thankfully he clarifies his meaning in the next sentence "Thou art more lovely and more temperate." now I disagree with this statement as it states you are more lovely, no I'm not, I'm about as lovely as nothing (the space between the planets) any one of my readers may be but me, NO!!!!

Seal: Chorus
Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey
Ooo, the more I get of you, the stranger it feels, yeah

And now to seal First off Mr Seal I am not your baby, but if I was wouldn't it be puppy you're calling out; as you are Mr Seal but don't seals have pups as their young not babies? Kiss from a Rose can roses kiss now I thought they were flowers and therefore they didn't have lips, so how are they going to kiss you? on the what, the grey; what is the grey? The more that I get of you? Meaning, in which way? The stranger it feels? And your telling me this why I think I can tell, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment