Wednesday 28 September 2011

Anon01 and I debate God 1-2

So Anon01 and I had a second part to this debate but for this he was supposed to ask me questions he did ask me for some examples of what kind of questions to ask so I pointed out to him a whole series of youtube video's as called by the person who made them questions that no Atheist can answer
So I asked myself one of those questions and below is the dialogue?


I say
I only remeber 1 of his questions which was probably as he didn't ask it, and it was
what prophecy that was told in the old testament was found true by the new testament
I think it's a test of our ignorance.
Mine not yours i was using our to mean atheists.
But all it does is prove his own ignorance to logic,
as that was like saying I didn't steal your gold as the book which I wrote 40 or so many years ago says I was on Mars at the time and check my diary it says that too but I am guessing that the old testamet prophecy was the one about Jesus which is backed up by the christmas tale in the new,

Anon01 says
so you believe the prophecy of the messiah to be false

I say
Hang on a second was that a real phrophacy?

Anon01 says
you referred to the old testament, which is mainly stories from the torah which predicted god would send another prophet

I say
ok then, wow I correct, but you can't just base your believfs on that one bit of consistancy between two editions of one book and that is basically what the whole of cristianity is based upon

Anon01 says
it isn't based on jesus coincidently being the messiah. christianity is based on his teachings, which at the time were radically different to the jewish teachings. The jews crucified jesus because they saw his teachings an outrage to their own religion and how people believed he was the messiah.

I say
But now then your still justifying the first "holy" texts volatility upon the second ones volatility do you know what the Romans did to the religions of the lands that they captured, they researched the "holy" texts of lands that they'd take over and find some thing that they could twist into they're own now I'm not accusing the Romans of I'm stating the fact that the messiah was attempting to use some Roman logic on the Jews and he failed, it makes me think if God is all powerful and all knowing and literally everything to every man, then why didn’t he impose his wishes on every one at that time if nothing else to protect his son, which is what leads me on to this disbelief that Jesus was his Son and anyway if God was truly all powerful wouldn’t he have imposed a great belief in him in the first place?

Anon01 says
maybe but mohammed the founder of Islam believed that despite the fact that jesus may not have been the messiah, he was still a prophet of god/allah and that his teachings should be respected

I say
it's not his rules of general engagement that I'm opposing, as in you shall not steal you shall not murder, it's all of the tripe about heaven and hell

Anon01 say
science didn't exist to prove any different, and the quality of education amongst the majority of people was lower meaning religion helped keep law and order by using the threat of the unknown

I say
Yes I see that is a reason for religion in the past (not a very good one by the way) but what is the point for religion carrying on today within this world that has progressed so far on it's own without a gods ["tender" hands pushed up upon our backs guiding us like a Shepard does to sheep or lambs to the slaughter}

Anon01 says
look if people want to atheist fine but i believe people should have the choice of what to believe instead of removing religion completely

I say
What was that, were getting all emotional on me? I'm not attempting to rid you of your religion I was having a healthy debate with you and I was explaining my reasoning for not believing the same as you just as you were supposed to do the other day in my questioning of your beliefs,

Anon01 says
sorry but sometimes i feel that just because some bits of my religion are out of date its obsolete and that i'm viewed as deluded. I beieve in scientific theories, but i feel that the moral of the teachings in the religion has more of a benefit than worrying about the way they are presented in. Yes adam and eve is only a story used before the big bang was discovered, but the morals not to give
into temptations that are immoral, no matter how attractive or convincing they may seem
I don't believe the all of the stories that have been proven different by science, but the lessons they can teach are what I value about my belief

I say
ok
so what parts of the bible do you believe apart from the morals?

Anon01 says
the stuff that hasn't been scientifically proven. Religion fills the gaps that science can't fill

I say
As in what/can you be more specific?

Anon01 says
the miracles performed by jesus. The crucifiction. the story of moses etc

i say
Now I could go into disproving your faith now if you would you like me to, or would you like me leave you with your faith? it's an option.

Anon01 says
i'll stick to my beliefs

No comments:

Post a Comment