Saturday 18 June 2022

Day 2257

Day 2257;

I guess it's day numbered 2257 today as the last day that I numbered was 2256, unless you wanted to insist that "What Should I Do With My Life (2)" was numbered which could be technically correct. but it wasn't a numbered day.

Last Sunday I did a Sportive, which was a 100mile cycle around Cambridgeshire, you can see my Strava page below.

Nothing too spectacular it was just a little ride on the flats of Cambridgeshire, and I believe that Mich has finally got the idea behind going at speed, which I think went a bit like this; "Wow, we've done that 100miles an hour and 39 minutes quicker than our first, and I don't feel as tired after doing that 100miles" well what you could say to that is he's got fitter in the the between 5 years or so long, but he hasn't, he said that he enjoyed this ride so much as he didn't have to do anything other than steer, chat and apply the brakes occasionally; as it was on closed roads so less waiting for the traffic. The speed that we did it at was 18.4mph which was  2mph quicker than our first which was at 16.4mph, the main difference between the two rides in training have been as followed I have been training almost daily and Mich has been training occasionally on Sunday's and Wednesday's (whereas we got out almost daily before the first 100mi ride), we have got 2mph quicker, but it was on a lot flatter course so that probably means that we have got a lot slower if it was over the same course, which had 4,082ft of climbing in it whereas this one only had 1,319ft.

So I've had a little ParkRun on the first Saturday of this month, I had a 29:59 little jog. The run was a little 5k around a park, obviously, but I was doing it with my sister, Emu, and a friend of hers, I'm calling 10, who were the two people who actually did the London Marathon together the other year. I ran it quicker than both of them, but in fairness they have both become parents in the mean time, Emu is a mother and 10 is a father but not to the same children. I think that 10 may have ran it quicker in the past but Emu has never ran it quicker than I, then again Emu had only actually ran it before once, and on her first time of doing it she may have got it done quicker than the second attempt, which was expected as she hadn't ran in about 4 years; and it was before she'd had a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment