Tuesday 5 March 2013

Is Disney ready?


This is a serious question for the biggest joke that's in the film making industry, and I mean that seriously 

As Disney it is one of the biggest film making companies, if not the biggest, and I meant joke as in why has it decided to pay over 4 billion pounds for a film franchise that the initial creator of it has already said that no more film shall be made out of the series, so now you've probably got about half of those die hard fans really peeved about now by Disney announcing that a new star wars trilogy is going to put into production which is only logical as they just paid a total of $4.05 billion for Lucas films which is a lot of money, as George Lucas, the founder of Lucas films, is set to retire/has already retired. 

You suppose it's going to do better for the franchise as it will get the series more fans? 

That as good as it sounds I don’t think more fans is what Star Wars needs, it didn’t really need anything else to go down as one of the greatest film series in history. But some of my other friends that were Star Wars fans with me when we were in infants/juniors school, if those terms are alien to you they were the two sections that were reformed into primary I know what I have written before may look a little condescending but it isn't intended to be that way.

Anyway I do not think that the Disney princesses are ready for princess Leia as I’m unsure if you know what Princess Leia was wearing during the begging of episode VI; The Return of the Jedi, that hyper skimpy outfit. As I get it that Disney is attempting to change the definition of a Disney princess from Snow White, Cinderella types of people, basically the Damsel in Distress routine as that was the old basic tenant of basically all Disney Princess films but I have seen Brave/the newest Disney Princess film and the princess Merida who seemed to have a sincerely toned down version of Leia. But she stays fully dressed aka not in a skimpy bikini type thing for all of her film (and the fact that she was an animated character).

I'm just lucky that I'm not one of those hard-core fans that aren't waiting to slate Disney when it doesn't meet their expectations another proportion nor am I one of those equally hard-core fans that enjoyed the original trilogy so much that the prequel trilogy didn't do the original series justice, I may have to warn you that my two favourite Star Wars films are episode VI the Return of the Jedi and episode II the Attack of the Clones. 

Which brings me onto the question that I started off with which is “is Disney ready to have this tremendous gauntlet passed on to them?” Well I am unsure if it should had taken up this certain gauntlet especially with the Disney Princess issue as mentioned earlier in this article, but Disney has also bought the rights to some of Marvels films and the one that has been seen by me, the Avengers, it was pretty fantastic, so I don’t want to be disappointed by any of the future trilogies of Star Wars by those people at Disney. So Disney do not whatever you do put princess Leia in the damsel in distress role.

No comments:

Post a Comment