Tuesday 21 February 2012

Define: love

Can anyone define Love for me, plesase...
Well I have no idea what love is but that technicality won’t stop me speculating [Begin speculation]
From personal experience It is a feeling/emotion of attraction towards a certain person or object, but if you ask many people some will say that that isn’t love and if you ask them what is it they may say it is nought but san attraction (noting but an attraction), so that bugs my first theory up.
So what are we as humans, if not living objects? But that question can wait until I’m in another equally trivial mood.
But from google define I have found 10 separate definitions for the one concept of love
1. An intense feeling of deep affection

2. A deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone

3. A personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid

4. A great interest and pleasure in something

5. Affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf

6. A formula for ending an affectionate letter

7. A person or thing that one loves

8. A friendly form of address

9. Used to express affectionate approval for someone

10. A score of zero; nil

Well I have felt some of these that it is possible to feel which 3 of that list are.
Thomas: Savage.1 I’m wondering why I have suddenly taken an interest in such a trivial question?
It is because I have been wondering it since a friend of mine asked me if I loved she literally said “do you love me?” so after a pause I indicated the easiest way I knew how to, I shook my head probably as it shocked me and another reason was because I was still trying to work out why another girl had dumped me after all she asked me out and I accepted the proposition as she said that she loved me; what is this fickle concept called Love?
Thoomas? But that happened years ago why are you only blogging about it now?
Patience Thomas I was just getting to that section,
It was as a college friend whom shall not be named in this document/blog post, as he is getting married in a couple of months (days or years I don’t know I haven’t received an invitation) but the conversation that he was having with another person was a bit like a confession, as in forgive me father for I have sinned, he is a Christian, a minority group in that class we’d got in-between 1 and 4 Christians in that class we had in-between 1 and 4 Islamic people in that class and we had in-between 1 and 4 agnostic people for all three of the minority groups 1 is defiant the other 3 could be any and the rest of the class is atheist, I am sorry for that slight distraction. So I typed a message for him which said something like “adulterer isn’t there something about that in your big book of nonsense and fairy tales, it’s called the bible I think” and he described his a sin and then he made up an excuse which was “Gods perfect and I’m only a man, a sinner by nature, by this point he had me cringing. classic Christian apologetics.
Well as long as don’t carry on your relationship with woman X after you’ve married your fiancé you’re free of sin as adultery only count as adultery if you are married to the other woman at the time even if you are married you only have to marry both of them to get annulled of your sin.
Now if you found that was a depressing topic you can watch this to cheer you up

Miss Vermont: Yes it's math, I'm sorry; is this a joke

No comments:

Post a Comment