Sunday 9 October 2011

You don't fix faith

"You don't fix faith, it fixes you"

Is a quote from the shepherd in the above video it is at about the 9:49 mark when the shepherd (which is actually a relatively accurate name for a priest I think, I may have used the analogy before I heard about this
though) asked the woman that he refers to as sweet heart (aka. River Tam/Summer Glau) what she's doing, and she says "fixing your bible" to this he says "I um... what" in disbelief, and then she says "Bible's broken, false predictions false logistics it just doesn't make sense" and I agree with her.
Not the crazy shepherd, who says "River you don't fix the bible", to which she says "it's broken, it doesn't make sense",
Shepherd: "It's not about making sense,"
+ME: Then what is it supposed to do? lie?
Shepherd: "It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life it's about faith. You don't fix faith, it fixes you"
I still don't believe it's a necessary construct within a good, proper and balanced modern society.

No comments:

Post a Comment